About Jakarta Banteng Rugby Club
Founded in 2005, the Jakarta Banteng Rugby Club (JBRC) actively promoting Rugby in Jakarta and have quickly become a rugby icon across the nation.
JBRC competes in local tournaments across Indonesia and a considerable number of our players have been consistently been selected for the Indonesian National Teams.
We are currently over 70 members strong with members ranging from 15 to 45 years old coming from a wide variety of backgrounds.
JBRC is also actively promoting rugby in Jakarta as we become more committed to the development of rugby mostly by introducing rugby and organizing rugby events for high school rugby clubs and players throughout the Jakarta region.
Banteng practice every Monday at Hockey field, Senayan, 8-10 PM. These sessions are open to anyone who would like to play rugby in Indonesia.
To be the leading club in Indonesia which strives for excellence in performance, personal development and community engagement as a united rugby family
Chairman/Captain: Matt Davis
Vice Chairman/Captain: Justin Field
Treasurer: Sanny Hardianto
Team Managers: Tito Vau, Didik Pribadi, Denny Peh
Training & Development: Joe Keane, Stephen Field, Marco Sebastian
Social & Marketing: Fikri Al Azhar
Logistics: M. Yunus and M. Yacob
Grass Roots Rugby
• Our special effort will go towards grass roots rugby which focuses in providing the opportunity for children to learn, play and enjoy the game.
• Our target this year will to start offering rugby as an extracurricular sport in high schools in the greater Jakarta region.
• Our coaches are willing to coach for the development of grass roots rugby
• Grass roots sponsorship will be reserve exclusively for rugby development outside JBRC
• Sponsorship funds will be utilize to compensate coaches, training balls, kits, as well as to fund high-school tournaments during the year.
Rugby in Indonesia
Rugby has never been as popular as it is today. It was announced, that the summer Olympics in 2016, Rugby Sevens will make its Olympic Debut. Rugby sevens is one of the modified version of the game which features 7 players a side instead of the traditionally 15.
Persatuan Rugby Union Indonesia (PRUI) was formed in May 2004 and has since been a Full Member of the Asian Rugby Football Union (ARFU) in 2005 & full member of the World Rugby in 2013.
In Indonesia, rugby is currently played by 16 teams spread across 12 provinces in the Indonesian archipelago and continue to grow exponentially with more than 700 Indonesians currently involved in the Game.
Indonesian rugby is represented on the international playing field by 3 national teams: Men’s National 15’s (Rhinos), Men’s National 7’s (Harimau), and the Women’s National 7’s (Cendrawasih).
Feel free to use the contact form to reach us!